July 31, 2012

Garrett 7y 2mo

Garrett has enjoyed a summer that has included some school but also some break time.  He has established a goal of playing guitar for 100 consecutive days in order to develop it as a habit.  Brett has been teaching him guitar with a book and so they are learning together.  The most recent song they are working on is Ode to Joy by Beethoven.  How appropriate, don't you think?

Here is a cool Tyrannosaurus Rex lego I saved until Bryce birthday so I had something to open around his birthday.
I'm ready to cut the head off this pineapple with Mommy's watchful eye, of course.


We are just three boys playing guitars.

Watch this cannonball!
How about a little rock climbing?  That sounds like fun...

...coming down the wall is pretty fun too.

I'm all belted up and ready to ascend the rock wall.
Daddy taught me how to shoot with my whole body, legs included, and I made a few baskets on a ten foot rim!