March 30, 2012

Bulldog Baseball

We started baseball season this year and each of the kids have played their season opener. Bryce has shown a sense for the ball, reacting quickly to any ball hit by the batter. He has been known to run from shortstop all the way to the first base line to pickup a ball if nobody has moved quick enough when the ball first hits the bat. The funniest thing was seeing his coach Chuck, slowly move him further and further away from the batter to give the other kids a chance to field a ball. Garrett has moved up to coach pitch this year and there are some familiar kids who moved up with him from last year's team. Garrett likes to be a part of the action however he can, so he played pitcher and first base in his first two games of the year. He is one of only two lefty batters and the only lefty thrower on his team.

Do I look cute in my pose?

I'm ready to field EVERY ball hit out into the field.

Okay, Coach, I will wait here until the ball is hit, but can I still go get every ball they hit?

Yes, I am having fun playing ball.

The throw was a little off the mark, but I'm going to see if I can get to it before the runner can go to second.

Mommy had an unexpected admirer at Garrett's game, a little homeless terrier was trying to make a case to be adopted as he begged his way onto Mommy's lap.

Quick take the picture, then I have to focus on the pitch coming.

I got ready for my at-bat in the warmup circle and gave Mommy a chance to take a few pictures.