March 21, 2012

Bryce 4y 8mo

Bryce was a little more involved in the whole process of spring training this year. He wanted to get autographs himself, not just what Daddy could get for him. He also charmed one of the ushers at the Giants game into giving him a ball from batting practice. Bryce has moments when he can be very engaging and polite and friendly to anyone who he comes in contact with, which comes out a bit more when he is in big public places like ballparks. Unfortunately for him, he lost all his spunk and exuberance when he came down with his illness that sapped him of his energy. Now Bryce is starting his second season of tee ball. He still is one of the smallest kids on the team and youngest, but he has some of the best skills and baseball awareness on the team. During the first practice game he scooped up a grounder and chased the runner around the bases from first to third where he caught up with him and tagged him out.

I'm getting bigger each year.

Poppy and I made some great Lego creations.

I'm flying my Star Wars ships through the family room, look out we are here to set up a base.

I set up my base with landing pads and platforms.

I'm so excited to hit some pitched balls, are you sure I have to hit off a tee still?


Check out my Giants autograph ball, and I picked out this cool plastic case for it.

I'm ready to catch a homerun ball!

Yummy pineapple ice cream, the perfect treat on a warm 80 degree sunny day.

Look, I got Bruce Bochy and Bam Bam Meulens on this ball! Maybe you can get your own autographs next year Griff!

I'm a little worried about the A's this year. But if you feed me, I will come.