August 04, 2012

Olympic Theme Activities

Joy planned Olympic events this year around the Olympics and immediately following to keep the spirit alive.  She got the kids together with Kim and her kids for some events such as straw balancing relays and egg shotputs among other things.  Later, she led a literature analysis course for the CC kids identifying five main elements of fiction.  After successful completion of the course the kids took part in Olympic events such as archery with a crossbow, frisbee toss, javelin throw, long jump, volleyball, water balloon toss, and hurdles.
I'm pretty sure I won the egg shotput, but of course I am the oldest and biggest.

How far do you think I can walk while holding this straw here?

I think the bend in the straw will be the key to my victory.

Could I win this race?

Hannah and I both have our Olympic torches.

Could this be a medal stand?
Coloring and drawing Olympic themed items.

Griffin and I (Bryce) are working hard at the bottom left.

Mommy leads the literature analysis class.

We are all listening intently.

We answered questions that we put together to form 5 rings, the Olympic rings.
Accuracy was at a premium when it came to the egg toss.