After we finished our week of family camp, we figured we were so close to Santa Cruz that we just had to take a trip to the beach. So we drove the 30 minutes to the beach at the boardwalk and set up on the beach close to the crashing waves. The boys built sand cities and fought with swords and played baseball in the sand. We were hoping for a day of sunshine, but experienced a little bit of rain, mostly sprinkles to satisfy our craving for beaches and waves for the year.
| I've built Mt. Boardwalk, or at least that is what I will call it. |
| It may be raining at the beach, but I'm still having fun. |
| Shall we play chicken with the waves? |
| Run away... |
| I'm gonna get you. |
| Attack position now. |
| Griff takes on Daddy, look out for his unpredictably hard swing. |
| Bryce prepares to charge at Daddy. |
| I've got my Obi-Wan pose, come and get me! |
| I can't get the sword back out of the ground? |
