We tried something new this year and decided to go to a family camp. We called it our "land cruise" or an "all-inclusive resort." Well it was exactly that. We got away to the Santa Cruz mountains for some time away from all the craziness of jobs and home. Brett had been to this place some 20+ years ago with his church growing up, so there was some vague familiarity for him. We enjoyed spending time with Missy, Scott, Hudson, and Taylor while we were there too. Some great speakers, including teaching on the book of Deuteronomy that was fresh and enjoyable. The boys had a good time with other kids their age and we enjoyed some adult time as well. Brett got to play in a volleyball and basketball tournament. We swam in the nice pool, which included Garrett and Bryce jumping crazily off the diving board. We also took a train ride at Roaring Camp, took a tractor ride, and shot arrows at the archery range. Maybe we'll go back next year?

Did anyone see my (Garrett's) rope 'em cowboy pose?
I think I need to pump a little harder to get enough water flow...help me Mommy.
Dad, check it out, there is gold in here...all you have to do is sift it out.
Okay, Daddy you can help, but I'm only giving you 10% of my gold for helping.
Painting without a smock, risky business, but so far we're doing okay.
Mommy, I think I need a little help...yeah that is more like it.
Daddy and his volleyball team took the runner-up title.
While Griffin was napping, we played games with Hudson and Taylor.
Our favorite super-long black slide...I'm surfing.
We had lots of fun climbing and running with Hudson.
Look out here comes Daddy!
This was the closest we got to Day out with Thomas, but nonetheless it was fun to ride the train.
A real tractor, a real hayride, a real farmer...pretty cool.
This was a safe "bullriding" experience for us, look two at a time!
Walking the road to the archery range...
For a little while we all got along and shared the trucks and buckets and shovels, then...
Gettin' ready to take aim with the bow and arrow.
Getting some instruction on form and then producing 2 bullseyes!