August 27, 2011

Garrett & Bryce's Room project

As the boys have taken over many different parts of the house with their toys and rearranged things in the process, Joy started a campaign to take back parts of the house needed to performs tasks of daily living. The train table was moved from Garrett and Bryce's room to Griffin's room and we began to search for a table to put in the boys room that they could set up stuff on and play on. Not finding anything that fit our specifications, Brett decided to build one. And while he was at it, built more shelves for the closet for their toys. Oh, the satisfaction of completing a project and satisfying both wife and children.



I have taken over the kitchen...good luck making dinner Mommy.



I have taken over the kitchen floor, good luck walking here.




We have taken over the CD case, good luck finding music you want to listen to.





We have taken over the game shelves, good luck getting anything out of here.






We can build it...yes we can! And I can sand it with a new power tool for Dad.





Daddy had us help when we could, here I am screwing on the corner brace.




Hooray, we have a great table in our room to play on AND hide things underneath.






I can leave my setup this way for as long as I want now!




And now we have spots in our closet for our toys so they aren't all over the floor...






Now if we can just remember where everything goes...