January 23, 2012

CC Family Presentation

Every year at Classical Conversations, each family has a designated day in which they are responsible for a presentation on a topic of their choice to begin the day. Then you stay up on stage and lead the whole group in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and then to the Bible. This year, Brett was working, so Joy was on her own, but Brett did help with the preparation and planning. Since we have been studying Native Americans this year and going through a prayer book about them most days of the week, we chose to focus on the Nez Perce tribe who are from the Oregon/Idaho area. We gave a little historical background and then demonstrated a game that they would play mentioned by Lewis and Clark on their expedition with music in the background.

I, Garrett, read the historical background while my brother held up some pictures and provided some demonstrations.

This year I played a big part in our presentation...I'm getting bigger.

I must have read over my script at least a dozen times practicing enunciating the words and getting the sounds right...it paid off.

The Nez Perce helped out the Lewis and Clark Expedition.

Can you figure out which hand the stick is in?

In action, we were fast!