April 23, 2009

Griffin's Birth

Griffin started to announce his coming right around 8:30pm on the 22nd. As the contractions progressed, we made arrangements to go into the hospital. Griffin decided to make labor a little more difficult by being in a posterior position (which means his head was down but he was turned 180 degrees the wrong the way), so with a little help from forceps, Griffin joined us at 1:18am. He was pretty blue to start, but boy did he start breathing and making his presence known. I don't think he stopped crying or making noises for over an hour. He weighed in at 8 pounds and 4 ounces with a length of 20.5 inches, making him our biggest child yet at birth. Good thing he didn't stay in until 40 weeks gestation, he was one week early.



Yeah, Mommy got her epidural early in the process, of course she was 6cm dilated when we got there.







Ugggghhhh, this scale is cold, what are you doing to me?












I'm checking out my parents on the outside, well they sound about the same, but they look a little different than I imagined.



Now I know why they make these hospital cribs see-through, so you can keep taking pictures even when I'm asleep.












Grammy and Poppy came by to see their new grandson: oh, I've heard a lot about you guys.



Nothin' wrong with a little lovin' from Grammy.












I'm practicing saying "ahhh" but I guess it would be more helpful when I have teeth...









Mommy said I was a lot of work coming out, but now I'm definitely worth it.










Can you believe their smiles at 1 in the morning, I must have been born to a pair of crazy doctors who are used to being up at this hour...