March 19, 2009

Our Hawaii Vacation

In anticipation of the arrival of our third child, we took off for a week to the Big Island of Hawaii and spent most of our time along the Kona Coast. We figured that Garrett loved Oahu two years ago, so why not bring both of them along for a trip to the Big Island. Both of the boys loved it here, we rarely heard a request to go home. We spent one day there driving all the way around the island with stops at the Black Sand Beach, Volcanoes National Park, the town of Hilo, and Rainbow Falls. We also found free refills on drinks at a well known chain restaurant! Interestingly, one of our favorite bands, Mercy Me, decided to spice up our evening entertainment with a concert at one of the nearby venues. The travel all went smoothly, and flying from our home airport, you can't beat a five minute drive and free parking for a week. Overall, we enjoyed the down-time and relaxation that we had. Little did we know how lucky we were to take advantage of this when we did, because within a week of our return Joy was placed on bedrest due to preterm labor.



Daddy told me this would be like a perfect scene behind glass that every boy would drool to play in. Yup, I agree.





Daddy, are you trying to get me, or is the water a little cold?


Mommy's smile said it all, a dessert from Roy's is worth waiting for.











Where are you going to put Griffin, Daddy?


Can you believe a wobbling, bouncing bridge to walk across?











What's missing on your face, Daddy?




When someone offers to take a picture of your whole family, you don't have time to take off the snorkel masks.











RELAXATION! Mommy can we play now?








I don't know which was more remarkable, Daddy's hair or the active volcano behind us spewing steam and ash.













Bryce and I were ready to get out of the car for this one. Of course it could've been any excuse to get out of the car and we would've been in.













Ok, maybe the wind had something to do with the crazy hair, but Bryce and I are doing just fine. Does the wind do more to you the older you get?












I guarantee you will see a turtle on this trip--see, I told you so.












Aloha! I want to take this beach home with me. Mahalo.
















Another great excuse to get out of the car: eat and run around.


















You're not eating ice cream unless you get it all over everywhere.














Mommy, Daddy, why are we glowing?