September 27, 2012

September School Activities

School projects have centered around birds/insects and Ancient Egypt.  We released the five butterflies we had watched grow and they enjoyed their freedom into the larger world.  Fortunately for us, they enjoyed hanging around in our backyard for a little while before they took off.  Then there was the building of a ziggurat and looking for broken artifacts in the sand.
We opened the top and let them out.

One of our butterflies decided to hang out on our Japanese Maple tree.

They really like some slices of our grapefruit.

Come on, won't you climb onto my hand?


Feel how soft their crysallis shells are.

He landed on my hand!

Our latest Venn Diagram with Daddy's old GI Joe guys.





We've got our Egyptian pyramids on.




We're creating artifacts to bury in the sand.

I love painting stuff...

Oh yeah, I want to paint some more stuff.

Surely they did some ritual dances like this back in Ancient Egypt.

Now we get to try and put our broken pottery pieces back together like we were real archaeologists.

These pieces go together, I'm pretty sure.



If I look really hard, I think I will find more broken pottery pieces, then we can put them together.

This is the base of the ziggeraut, just wait til we get the rest of it.

I'm working on the next layer of the ziggurat.

Painting around the table with Timmy and Hannah.

I'm painting a wooden spoon...why I don't know?