November 11, 2011

The Beach

We chose to spend our last day in Southern California at the beach relaxing in the sun and playing in the sand and water. It was a great day of exercise and good to be away from lots of crowds of people. Some of us got a little wet in the process, and others just got sand all over them. Corona Beach is where we decided to stake our spots out, we explored the North and South beaches in reverse order.

We drew this in the sand before the waves came and washed it away...look out Mommy, you're about to get wet!!!


A picture looks so much more beautiful when Mommy is in them.


Okay guys, here are the rules.


Checking out the tidepools was unrevealing at high tide...they were mostly covered up.


If we throw sand at the waves, maybe we will scare them away.


Daddy tries in vane to wear out the boys with a run up and down the beach.


Here we are running from the waves, this is fun Daddy!


Daddy and I were playing chicken with the waves and I lost...


Since we were at the beach on a schoolday, it sure was nice to have a marine biologist present to give a little lesson on the spot.


We found this sign for Poppy, we're still not sure what happened to Griff's clothes.


Daddy entertained Griffin and I by pitching to Griff and playing catch with me.


I really wanted to work on my tan, so I stripped down to my Skivvies.


You can call me buckethead!