April 05, 2011

Bulldogs TBall

Garrett and Bryce are playing ball together this year on the Bulldogs. Bryce was so excited to put the uniform on the first time and then realized that he actually got to play in games too instead of just watching his big brother. Garrett seems like the old veteran on the team. He routinely is hitting the ball on the line or hard on the ground to the right side and often his hits find their way into the outfield. He loves to play first base for the action or anywhere in the infield that he might get some action and be able to make some throws to first. Garrett also has this routine before he hits the ball where he "winds up" and twirls the bat a few times before hitting it, one of his teammates has tried to imitate it without much success. Bryce has great energy to start the games out and often is running from his position to wherever the ball is hit and backing up the play and then chasing the throw to first base to see if he can beat it there. But, because of his high octane energy expenditure in the first inning or two, he is usually lying on the ground staring at the grass or sky or daisies by the end of the game. He will learn to hold back a little in the first inning in the future so he can make it to the end of the game. Bryce's favorite position to play is shortstop, but if he is not getting action there he has been known to creep up in front of the pitchers mound and taunt a batter into drilling it right to him...no facial damage yet with this approach. Griffin watches and expects to get his turn to bat any game now...he has been known to sneak up into the batting order and grab a bat and "wait" in line. What he doesn't know is that he has two more years to wait. I don't want to be the one to break the news to him.



Bryce, we get to be teammates this year!




I (Bryce) am the right-handed batter among my brothers.





I (Garrett) just got back from the bathroom, so I kinda forgot to tuck in my jersey, but I'm ready to run the bases after my hit.





Is this what you meant by widening my stance?





Bryce, you're not going to get any balls if you're sitting in the grass, come on ready position!





Alright, Garrett, is this a good ready position? I'm feeling a little short between you and Matthew.




I (Garrett) just fielded a grounder and made the throw to first.











Daddy, I just scored a run, give me five!






I'm practicing my swing without the possibility of hurting anyone.









I'm tired Daddy, I don't wanna run the bases, can you carry me?






Alright, I will run the bases...






I'm starting my swing, watch it fly.





Can I sneak up to bat sometime?






Oh, knees slightly bent, what else?








I'm working on my balancing act with my glove.


I got to play on the same team as my friend, Noah, too.








We've made some new friends with some old friends on our team this year: Mark, Brianna, Porter, Matthew, Noah, Trevor, AJ, Cody, Jovani, Isabella, Kayla, Joshua, and Alex.