August 12, 2009

Remodeling



The biggest project of the last two months was the start of a home remodelling that started out as a way of keeping our feet cleaner and getting rid of carpet under our dining room table. Well, one thing led to another and we found ourselves moving our entire house in two halves over two weeks. I'm still not sure how we did that, but what I can tell you is that we lost out on a lot of sleep that we could have been achieving. The end result was new laminate in the kitchen and dining room, new carpet in most of the rest of the house, new baseboards, crown molding, and new paint in most of the house. The kids tried to "help" as much as they could. We are still in the process of putting everything back, or sorting through what really needs to go back.




Griffin was given the job of supervisor, and I heard that Mommy and Daddy would have loved that job...



Both Bryce and I jumped at the chance to do some demolition work. Are we doing this right, Tim?











Daddy, do you think we should just rip up the carpet and use the really old floor underneath?


Awwwwhh, nice new carpet feels so good to stretch out on.

With new floors, come new rules...we're learning.